A new version of Talos has been released for customer download. Talos v1.3.1 includes a new image, aligned with our integration in Tech Data, and support to Oracle WebLogic Server. Below is the complete list of new features.
Check also in the table below important notes about upgrading your environment to Talos v1.3.1.
Please contact your account manager or support team for more information.
– Changed various areas of the product to be aligned with Tech Data acquisition
– Template imports are now managed as asynchronous jobs
– On topology discovery, changed middleware type UI element from buttons to dropdown
– Improved Talos client extract process, removing the requirement of having unzip available on target server
– Implementation of a new toolkit to support Oracle WebLogic Server
– Improved management of JMS configuration items
– Added support to patch existing cells installed manually
– Added flexibility on the type of toolkit jobs that can be created
Due to Tech Data acquisition of Avnet Technology Services, we have the legal requirement of removing all Avnet mentions from Talos product. This included default file structures and Java package names.
These changes were done on Talos v1.3.1 and may impact your environment. Therefore, the following actions may need to be performed when upgrading your environment to Talos v1.3.1:
- Any custom activity referencing Talos platform Java classes need to be edited to change the package reference from “com.avnet.services” to “com.techdata.service”. Example:Groovy files with the following references:
should now be:
- If using Jenkins integration, the following steps need to be performed when upgrading Talos to v1.3.1:
- After installing Talos plugin for Jenkins v1.3.1, you will need to provide Talos details in Talos Configuration section by navigating to Manage Jenkins -> Configure System of your Jenkins server.
- All Jenkins jobs using Talos plugin need to be changed to refer to the new Java package. To do this, open a command line on your Jenkins server and navigate to your Jenkins home, which by default is set to ~/.jenkins, and perform the following commands:
egrep -lRZ ‘com.avnet.services’ . | xargs -0 -l sed -i -e ‘s/com.avnet.services/com.techdata.services/g’
- If using UrbanCode Deploy integration, be aware that, since the name of Talos plugins for UCD changed, the upgrade of the old plugins won’t be possible. So, the recommended steps to install UCD plugins for v1.3.1 are the following:
- Uninstall the current Talos plugins for UCD
- Install the new Talos plugins for UCD
- After that, any component process that is using Talos plugins steps will claim, on those steps, that the plugin was removed. To fix those issues, you will need to edit the processes through UCD web UI and replace those removed steps with the steps of the new plugin. Another option is to perform those changes as explained below:
- Export the component containing processes with steps from the old plugin. On the components page, click Actions and then Export
- This will export the component as a json file. Edit this json file and replace all occurrences of “Avnet” for “Tech Data”.
- Go back to UCD web UI and, on the components page, click “Import Components”. Select “Upgrade Component”, on the “Component Template Upgrade Type” field select “Use Existing Template” and on the “Generic Process Upgrade Type” field select “Upgrade process if exists”. Select the edited json file and click submit. NOTE: if on the json file there’s still a reference for the old plugin the import will fail.